Thursday, September 10, 2009

WHAT'S THAT SMELL?


It must be September! The salmon are going
up the streams to spawn and then die and
the resulting smell leaves a little to be
desired to put it mildly. I think walking is
the worst because there are several streams
that go right under the roads and bridges.

It's a very interesting plan God had, isn't it?
The salmon eggs hatch in the streams, the
baby salmon grow up some and head back
out to the ocean, then come back again to
the very spot they were spawned to lay their
eggs and when they die off their bodies fill
the same streams where they were born
with nutrients. Yep, God is a pretty good
planner to come up with that scenario
waaaay back in ancient times.



I just started attending a bible study at our church
on Tuesday nights called It's Tough Being a Woman
by Beth Moore. I have done a few other bible
studies by her and Wow what a teacher she is.
I love the video series that comes with this study
and the small groups afterwards really help to
get to know women in the church better.

On Wednesday nights I work at our church's
community outreach program for the kids
from 4 years old to 5th grade. We feed them
dinner at 5:30 and the program runs until 7:30.

There are games, challenges, scriptures to
memorize, teaching about Jesus and just an
all around great time.

Last night we served 100 dinners! The youth
come for dinner at the same time before they
go to youth group and let me tell you--those
teenage boys can eat!


Score!
Today my husband came home for lunch and
was looking through the local classifieds. He
found a picture of this cupcake display. Now the
weird part is he and I were just talking about
him making me one yesterday. (you know, in all
his spare time)

This is a large one with 6 tiers and last time I saw
it in my cake catalog it was $145.00. I got it
for $15.00.

It will work out perfect for me at the Artisan's Market
in December to display the decorated cupcakes and
cookies I will be selling.


Some pictures from the girl's riding day last week. They
had a lot of fun getting soaked to the bone.

Wow--nice distance!



sshhhhh...nobody move...whatever you do,
do not call this man.


He is working on a very important, highly
classified and technical job for the renowned
Grandma Tilly and absolutely cannot
be disturbed at this time.

Thank you for your cooperation in
this urgent matter.



3 comments:

Cori said...

lol...Ring... Ring!!!

The Stricklands said...

I love the cupcake stand! I would love to have one for Missy's wedding reception. Of course, I would love for you to come to Texas and bake cupcakes to go on it. What do you say? Don't you really, really want to take a road trip in March? :)

I can't wait to see what your sweet husband is making! I hope it is something to go in your beautiful new kitchen.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Now that's a cupcake stand!! What a score. Can't wait to see it heavy laden with yummy stuff. Also can't wait to see what's going on in the remodel department.

I've had a bit of catching up to do (as always) and it was a delicious way to spend a few minutes. Those orange zest knots look scruptious! (Wonder how they would taste in whole wheat . . . hmmmmm?) And finally, fascinating facts about the salmon, thanks.

All in all this has been a very educational experience -- and after looking at those orange goodies I need to get off and get a snack.

See ya! ; D