Saturday, October 25, 2008

IN THESE TROUBLED TIMES


I Found a neat old book on our library's sale cart called Apples of Gold.
It is filled with wisdom and inspiration, all based on 
the Fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23.

I thought the following was especially relevant to these last 
2 weeks before the election. 


You can't control the length of your life--
but you can control it's width and depth.

You can't control the contours of your face--
but you can control it's expression.

You can't control the weather--
but you can control the atmosphere of your mind.

Why worry about things you can't control, 
when you can keep yourself busy by
controlling the things that depend on you?


2 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

so very true!

Karen Deborah said...

beautiful photo and thoughts, thankyou for the lovely comment you left at me last post. I love your blog too. If you weren't so far away I'd come over and eat cake.