Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WITTY WEDNESDAY


KIDS' IDEAS ABOUT LOVE AND MARRIAGE


"If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes
too long."--Glenn, age 7

"Love is like an avalanche where you have to run for your life." -- John, age 9

"I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't
supposed to be so painful." -- Manuel, age 8

"No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell.
That's why perfume and deodorant are so popular." -- Mae, age 9

"Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too." --
Greg, age 8

"Once I'm done with kindergarten, I'm going to find me a wife." -- Tom, age 5

"On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested
enough to go for a second date." -- Mike, 10

"I'm in favor of love as long as it doesn't happen when Dinosaurs is on television."
-- Jill, age 6

"One of the people has freckles, and so he finds somebody else who has freckles
too." -- Andrew, age 6

"It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid. I don't need that
kind of trouble." -- Kenny, age 7

"One of you should know how to write a check. Because, even if you have tons of
love, there is still going to be a lot of bills." -- Ava, age 8

"When somebody's been dating for a while, the boy might propose to the girl. He
says to her, 'I'll take you for a whole life, or at least until we have kids and get
divorced.'" -- Anita, 9

"I'm not rushing into being in love. I'm finding fourth grade hard enough." --
Regina, age 10

"Most men are brainless, so you might have to try more than once to find a live
one." -- Angie, age 10

"A man and a woman promise to go through sickness and illness and diseases
together." -- Marlon, age 10

"[Being] single is better . . . for the simple reason that I wouldn't want to change
no diapers. Of course, if I did get married, I'd figure something out. I'd just
phone my mother and have her come over for some coffee and diaper-changing."
-- Kirsten, age 10

"Love is foolish...but I still might try it sometime." -- Floyd, age 9

"Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I been trying to hide from
it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me." -- Dave, age 8

And my personal favorite, because this is exactly what I did:

"My mother says to look for a man who is kind. That's what I'll do. I'll find 
somebody who's kinda tall and handsome." -- Carolyn, age 8



2 comments:

Karen Deborah said...

That's cute. Tomorrow is my birthday, how about some chocolate cake?

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh that's just too cute! I'm with you, I picked Kind (+tall+handsome) and God supplied ALL of my needs (and wants). I love coming up to the north here to visit with you. Happy Saturday to you. : )