Monday, May 12, 2008

AVOCADO COTTAGE CHEESE SALAD

The grocery store has avocados on sale right now 5 for $5.00 and I picked
out several ripe ones. A friend of mine gave me this salad idea many years
ago and I have made it countless times since then. It is very easy, colorful
and nutritious. It doesn't keep very well--you do need to make this very
close to serving time so the ingredients don't separate and turn color.
Chopped, fresh tomatoes are an excellent addition if you have them!



AVOCADO COTTAGE CHEESE SALAD

1 16 ounce carton low-fat (or no-fat) cottage cheese
2 medium sized ripe avocados, chopped large
Lemon Pepper seasoning
Chopped tomatoes (optional)

Pour cottage cheese into medium sized bow. Chop avocado into large cubes
and mix into cottage cheese with a fork. I mix it enough that the cottage cheese
becomes slightly green and the avocado is still chunky. Sprinkle liberally with
Lemon Pepper while mixing to taste. If you are using chopped tomatoes they
can be added right before serving. Delicious!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

One of Johns Customer gave him a bag of fresh picked avocados, and we made this...needless to say it was gone in one sitting!!! Good thing we bought a large carton of cottage wheeze for another batch! Yum!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Hey I am glad you tried it!

A whole bag of FRESH PICKED avocados? I don't know what I would do!! Yes I do--I would eat them ALL.