Wednesday, March 12, 2008

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD...


Good ol' Mr. Rogers. I loved that show in TV growing up. I couldn't figure out why he
always came in and changed his shoes though. He was a neat man and really cared
for children.


My husband came home for lunch so we took a break from schoolwork and walked
across the street with the dogs to the beach. It was gorgeous, but COLD. I didn't wear
a hat and my ears about froze right off my head.

Everyone is talking about spring and the hardware store has their Burpee seeds ready.


We are having spring-like weather, with clear sunny days and cold, clear nights. It did
snow a little bit again last night, but around here that is a requirement for the herring coming
at the end of the month. They have to have snow to spawn and the entire town is gearing up for
them. We have seen many boats and processors like the one in the photo above that are coming
in to prepare. I read in the paper that the herring count this year is better than expected, so that
is great news. Herring season here is kind of like Mardi Gras for New Orleans. Hopefully I will be
right in the thick of things once the herring hit to get pictures, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing these photos. I really did miss my dose of Alaska while you were gone :)