Sunday, February 10, 2008

I Think It's Finally Over

The snow, I mean. I think it is the end of this tremendous storm, at least for a little while.
We woke up to rain pouring down and all the way up to 37 degrees, so now the 4 feet of
snow piled on the ground is melting. I am so glad we live at the top of the hill! I feel for
the people at the bottom getting everybody's run off.

The city is dealing with the snow the best way they can by loading it into dump trucks
with backhoes and piling it in a deserted parking lot. The rest is being dumped right into
the ocean. It was piling so high that the grocery store parking lots were disappearing.

You make kind of a lame snow angel in this deep of snow.


We went and checked on our neighbor's truck. Good luck to him getting it out!


There are 10 bald eagles sitting in this tree. Someone threw some fish out and there must have been 20 of them circling and diving for it. Maybe if you click on the picture to enlarge it you can see them. Look close--God did a fantastic job making them camouflaged in their environment.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow is pretty, niece is prettier :)

Niki said...

I tagged you for a meme, come and visit for details. :)

Anonymous said...

Your photos are wonderful. I can't imagine so much snow.

Kate

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Pam-yes, my niece is a cutie and funny too!

Niki-I will catch up to the meme as soon as I can when my computer comes back from the hospital. Thanks for letting me play along!

Kate-thank you for the compliment on the photos. It is nice to just have rain now for awhile, although the city is still dealing with piles of snow.