so good together that you want to make it to see if they really do taste that good. It has a terrific
contrast of textures that I really liked...the crunch and flavor of peanuts was really good with the
tart/sweet of the apples and pineapple. It tastes just like a taffy apple!
This is called a salad, but really it is sweet enough to serve well as a dessert. Even though the
recipe didn't specify it I think it is much better tasting served very cold. Be sure and toss the
apples with lemon juice after you cut them up so they don't turn brown.
1 Tablespoon flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple
4 cups (1 pound) Red Delicious apples, unpeeled
1 cup salted, shelled peanuts
1 carton non-dairy whipped topping
1) Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
2) Combine flour and sugar with whisk.
3) Beat eggs and add to flour/sugar mixture.
4) Add vinegar and pineapple juice to flour/sugar mixture and cook in small pan
on low heat, stirring constantly until thick. Cool.
5) Cut up apples into small cubes and toss with a bit of lemon juice so they don't
turn brown, then combine with peanuts and pineapple.
6) Pour cooled dressing over apple mixture and fold in non-dairy topping
carefully. You can sprinkle extra peanuts over the top for garnish. Serve salad
very cold for best flavor.
Yield: 10 servings.