Friday, November 23, 2007


Here is a photo I took from the beach across from our house of the local grocery store. It is one of only 3
on the whole island. There is a pretty decent selection of everything we need and the rule of thumb up here
is you better buy it when you see it because when it's gone, it's gone. My husband just found that out the
hard way with macadamia nuts!





I am constantly amazed at the beauty of this place. There is something here that is hard to describe...it makes
me truly appreciate God's creativity at His knowing what we would love to be a part of, what would strengthen
our spirits and heal our minds.

Our neighbor took his daughter for a drive up to a lake near here on Tuesday and they sat and watched 2 bears
rooting around the trees. Today we drove to the other end of the island and laughed at the nosey sea lions that
just have to poke their triangle noses and huge eyes out of the water to see who's there and the huge bald eagle
that begrudgingly moved off of the gravel so we could park the car.

Yes, occasionally I miss the antique malls and a movie theater with comfy seats, but I wouldn't trade this feeling
of awe for anything. Click the pictures to make them larger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!!! I want to come visit!!! I stumbled upon your blog from The Pioneer Woman!!!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for stopping by! Visitors are always welcome--summer is the best season because of the warmer temperatures and fishing, etc. Kris