Tuesday, November 20, 2007

HOMEMADE SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK

I was making layered bars the other day and was certain I had sweetened condensed milk. How frustrating to open the cupboard and realize I had used it already--another trip to the store! Here is a recipe I picked up from Our Red House to make my own so I never have to be without. As long as I keep a box of powdered milk in my cupboard I'm set. This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups.


1 C instant skim milk powder (ordinary milk powder is fine)
2/3 C sugar
1/2 C boiling water
3 T melted butter

Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor (or whisk well).

Process until smooth. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you liked the recipe. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Kate