Friday, March 12, 2010
Happy Birthday Mom.
Tomorrow is your birthday. :D Here are some reasons why I think you are the best mom.
1. You've never stopped loving me. Ever. Thank you.
2. You give and give and give. You never take. Thank you.
3. You have provided one of the best homes a girl could have ever grown up in. Thank you so much for everything that you do and have sacrificed so that Valerie and I can live in such a wonderful home.
4. You always take the time. You're always there when I need you the most. Even if it costs you something. Thank you.
5. You have the best sense of humor, HANDS DOWN. I have learned how to laugh and enjoy life because of you. How to have a sense of humor and see something funny in all situations. Thank you.
6. You appreciate the little things. You have taught me to be observant to the people and places around me. Thank you.
7. You take care of those you love. Whether it be through a surprise lunch on a busy day or one last, " are you sure you have everything?", before we go out the door, you make sure your family is taken care of. Thank you for all the prayer, the meals, the late nights, the rides, the help with homework, the advice, the critiques, and so many more things that would take me a long time to name. You are so appreciated for all that you do.
8. You are the best teacher I know. You home-schooled and taught me from the 3rd grade to my high school graduation. Thank you for taking the time to explain things over and over and OVER again. Thank you for staying home to teach me, that is a sacrifice I cannot thank you enough for. You gave me an opportunity that has given me a different outlook on life and has helped make me who I am today ( you tell me if that's a good thing :) ).
9. You appreciate God's creation. For as long as I can remember you have always been in awe and stood in wonder of the beauty around you. Whether it be standing on the beach viewing the ocean or driving through the city and admiring the flower baskets; you have never disregarded an aspect of God's creation. Thank you for instilling in me the same wonderment and appreciation of the beauty around me, no matter what place or situation I may find it in.
10. You always point me towards Christ. As I am getting older I cannot even begin to tell you how thankful I am that you started me in a life that has led me to Christ. You have always pointed me towards the path that He has for me and encouraged me to live and love my all for Jesus. Thank you for being an example of an imperfect person living their all for Jesus Christ. For showing that it can be done. Thank you.
Thank you Mom, for all that you are and for being my mom. You are the best. I thank God for you and the fact that He made you my mother. Thank you for everything you do for me. Thank you for teaching me how to drive. For not giving up on me when I killed the clutch several times in a row in the lane with oncoming traffic. I know weaker souls would have called it quits but not you. :). Thank you for showing me someone who lives full throttle, as best she can, everyday of her life. You are my inspiration for living a life sold out for God, no matter the daily hardships. I hope your birthday is one that you remember and is a special day. God has got great things for you in your new year.
I love you,
P.s. TO all those reading this, YES, I did this without her permission or knowledge. So if you never hear of me OR from me again....... This is why. :D.