Wednesday, April 22, 2009

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN


Bear time! Yep, we've already had a bear on our road.
The neighbor told us his dog woke him up at 3:00 am
last week and when he looked out there was the
bear sauntering up the road turning over trash
cans as he went along.

My brother took this picture last week out at the bear
sanctuary. This is one of the baby bears that was 
brought here last year when their mother was shot. 
They are really getting big, aren't they? I can't get over 
how huge the nose is. All the better to sniff out what's
for dinner I guess.

To celebrate the end of hibernation I made these bear
cookies for the church mission's fundraiser on Sunday.
It's still cold here at night so I gave them each a sweater.
And a big nose!


6 comments:

Becky said...

Your cookie making/decorating skills ALWAYS impress me.

Those bears (the real ones lol) are amazing.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

LOL they are Adorable in their sweaters!

pam said...

Ok, could life get any better than bears in sweaters?! You made my day. I so needed that today my friend.

Karen Deborah said...

so cute and umm sometimes looking at the computer is so unfair, I wantttaaaaa EAT some!

Kathy said...

I love your creativity! I never commented on how everyone here loved and devoured the Applesauce Cake I made from your recipe. Many thanks!

The Stricklands said...

You are the cookie queen! I can't wait to show Molly the new bear picture :) Have a blessed weekend sweet friend.