Saturday, March 8, 2008

WE'VE GOT CRAB LEGS


Remember that old advertising jingle from Sea Galley? Well it's true this
weekend! One of the crab fishermen has been advertising that he is selling
freshly caught King Crab all weekend at one of the harbors for $7.00 a pound.


Here are my brother in law and nephew with their soon-to-be dinners. If any
of you watch the show Deadliest Catch on TV you will appreciate what someone
went through to bring these crab to us here in town.

BTW--the crew and their boat the Northwestern from the Deadliest Catch were 
here in town this last summer for awhile. I didn't get to meet them but my family
did and they said they were a great bunch of guys.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freaky looking, but tasty I am sure

Laura ~Peach~ said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMM
Hi this Is Laura ~peach~ WE (martha and I ) wanted to THANK YOU for entering our contest! We loved your entry and it wa sone of the 4 contenders to make it to the magic hat drawing! Martha is cooking up another contest so be watching ... I will be reading your blog getting to know you. I am facinated already with the Crab pictures!
THank you again!
Laura & Martha

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,
I've been waiting to comment on your blog until you get your computer back. I am a friend of Cori in Colorado. She (and John) have said so many nice things about you and your family. They are dear friends of ours. Your blog is great! Wow - incredible crabs! Visit me if you have a moment.

Niki said...

OH YUM!!! Send a few over here please!!! Also lovely cake!
Hope the baking business goes well.
blessings,

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I watched that Deadliest Catch film I think and it scared me to death. Well, almost. This photo is incredible.