Tuesday, March 25, 2008

ANOTHER BIG SCORE!

My friend in town called me yesterday and said she decided to have a garage sale and
would I like to come and preview what she is going to sell? Now this friend is the one
that is helping me take her place as a cake baker/caterer, so I dropped what I was
doing (frosting a cake) and went over to see what she had.



Baking pans, large serving trays, huge salad bowls, cake decorating supplies, books,
pot holders, serving aprons, candy flavorings, decorating stencils, large coffee pots,
bread pans, cookie & biscuit cutters, soup bowls, pie storers...I could go on for awhile
with the list of everything I got. The grand total was $78.00. That's about 1/3 of what
all of this would have cost me new!

I have 2 cake orders for this weekend and next, so I will be putting some of these items
to good use right away. Thank goodness for Shirley!

2 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Wonderful take there! dont forget to take pictures of what you make :-) (cakes are not my friends)...they are very blah ... but if you shut your eyes they taste really good!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Oh Laura! You need to taste my Coffee Toffee Torte Cake. Tiramisu, chocolate and coffee all in a 3 layer cake. If I could safely transport one I would ship it over just to change your mind about cakes. No blah here!