Friday, January 18, 2008

DONATE FREE RICE!

I heard about the coolest site yesterday! Someone wrote a letter to the editor in our
daily paper about this amazing website: Free Rice

It is a free vocabulary game site where you play word games and every time you
answer correctly, 20 grains of rice will be donated to the United Nations World Food
Program
. It is challenging to play and as a bonus your vocabulary will improve. So
how's that for a win-win deal?

The man that started the site is John Breen and he says:

"Whether you are a CEO of a large corporation or a street child in a poor country,
improving your vocabulary can improve your life."

As a homeschooler I am always looking for ways to teach my children and how
great is it to teach them about language and giving to others all at the same time!

Check it out: Free Rice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,

RIGHT ON!

God Bless you and your family!

Gina

P.S. I sign in as 'anonymous'; only because I am not able to access otherwise?

P.P.S. Have not forgotten about the photos re: the moose and buffalo horns. Will forward them on, when I 'borrow' one of my children to show me how to use the camera (the directions are??? and in small print, to boot! LOL!)