Monday, January 28, 2008

DELIGHTFUL TUNA CASSEROLE

A good friend of mine gave me 3 piles of cooking magazines (yay!) and this recipe
is one I found in a magazine called Light & Tasty. I have had plenty of plain tuna
casseroles and it is always good, but this one adds a few more ingrdients for flavor
and the recipe is written in a lighter, low-fat version. The whole family loved it and
it was easy to put together.

I used the small salad macaroni that I already had in the cupboard, but I think any
small pasta would be good. I doubled the recipe as usual for the 5 of us and we had
one large serving left over.



1 (7 ounce) package macaroni
1 (10 3/4 ounce) reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sliced mushrooms (fresh)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheese
1 cup low fat milk
1 can tuna in water (drained)
1 jar diced pimientos
3 teaspoons dried minced onion ( I used the powdered I already had)
1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt

1) Cook macaroni according to package directions. Rinse with hot water, set aside.

2) In a large bowl, combine soup, mushrooms, cheese, milk, tuna, pimientos, onion,
mustard and salt.

3) Add macaroni to tuna mixture and fold together well.

4) Pour into 2 quart baking dish coated with nonstick spray or vegetable oil.

5) Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until bubbly.

**If doubling the recipe pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.

No comments: