wouldn't want to try something described that way? No kneading, no yeast, no rising and it makes
very good toast. The taste reminds me of a bran muffin and the texture is wonderful. This would
be a great bread to make and give as a gift with some homemade jam and honey in a pretty jar!
4 cups Organic Whole Wheat Flour
2 cups Unbleached White Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
2 teaspoon Salt
1 quart Buttermilk
4 teaspoons Baking Soda
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease 2 bread pans.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix first 4 ingredients. In a separate bowl mix baking soda and buttermilk.
3) Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
4) Pour dough into bread pans and smooth tops of loaves.
5) Turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees, bake approximately 50 minutes.
6) Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes in pans, then turn bread out onto it's side to cool
completely on racks. If you want a softer crust, brush tops with butter immediately after removing
from the oven.
**Bread tastes best and is easiest to cut when allowed to cool.